Tuesday, October 16, 2007

God of All things

I have been pretty ambivalent with regard to my belief in God. Even now I am confused; but reading Tharini's post on this, God of all things, showed to me that God is a matter of faith and not one of proof. Reading her post was a kind of revelation to me. I reproduce a part of her post where she realizes God:


[...] It was near midnight and the house was quiet. We spoke in hushed tones, so as not to wake her parents, and the room was bathed in the soft glow of the lone bedside lamp. And in that charged and vibrant atmosphere, the mellifluous notes of the flute wafted from the player. Soft, soulful music of enchantment. I had goose pimples listening to it. And the myriad questions I had, came tumbling out of my head and the answers that I sought found me so easily. And all the pieces of the puzzle that were dancing wildly over my head and just beyond my reach, now seemed to fall down into their respective places, and they fused together to form a complete whole. And out of that, rose a beautiful vision....a vision of God, his divine grace and his far reaching ways, and my soul was alight. [...]


I am a frequent reader of Tharini's blog Winkie's Way though I have not taken the effort to comment on her posts; she comes across as a sensitive, thoughtful and caring person - she has many more lovely posts, its worth going through her archives.

Courtesy: Kathambamaalai.

No comments: